Why do we use carrots in our Mega Dog Raw formulas?
- Carrots are high in Vitamin A, which is good for eye health as well as skin and coat health. It plays part in strengthening the immune system, cardiovascular system, and maintaining function of kidneys, liver, and lungs.
- High in Fibre, helping maintain a healthy digestive system by added bulk to the diet, firming up stool for better bowel movements.
- Carrots are low in fat. Act as a healthy alternative to other ingredients and a low calorie snack.
- High in beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant and a precursor for Vitamin A production, helps reduce eyesight degeneration, encourages proper bone development, reproductive health, and cancer prevention.
- Antioxidants regulate metabolism, and reduce cell damage and inflammation
- Additionally, they are a good source of Vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6, potassium, iron, and manganese.
- Dogs like them for their natural sweetness and crunchy texture.
Taylor Luther, B.Sc