Why do we include zucchini in our Mega Dog Raw formulas?
• Zucchini is high in fibre which supports a healthy digestive system and consistent stools.
• The combination of low fat and sodium with high fibre and potassium is great for maintaining healthy blood circulation. Low sodium and high potassium help keep healthy blood pressure, while fibre helps lower cholesterol levels. Potassium is also needed for proper muscle function, nervous system, metabolism, and electrolyte balance.
• High water content and the rich minerals present in zucchini, maintain good hydration and aid in digestion.
• Zucchini is high in vitamin A and C, providing antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that help with oxidative stress and the aging process, while boosting the immune system.
• Zucchini includes a boost of energy from folate and other B –vitamins. They reduce fatigue and are required for protein and carbohydrate metabolism, they also aid in brain function.
• The presence of Beta-carotene and phytonutrients, lutein and zeaxanthin, in zucchini help maintain healthy eyesight by fighting free radicals and helping the immune system.
• Eating zucchini supports healthy skin and coat due to its abundance of vitamins and minerals.
Taylor Luther, B.Sc